Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Violet...

I am so screwing up on practicing my new bed time tonight but I can't help it. I'm not tired and last night it took me forever to get to sleep and then I had weird dreams so I'm not really in much of a hurry to try that again. In the meantime, I just looked up the symbolism of violet even though I swear I already chose a blue for the bedroom.... So check it out:
"Composed of equal proportions of red and blue, violet is the color of temperance, clarity of mind, deliberate action, of balance between Heaven and Earth, senses and spirit, passion and reason, love and wisdom... violet lies directly opposite green. Thus it stands, not for the springtime passage from death into life, but for the autumnal passage from life into death, involution rather than evolution.... linked to the symbolism of the mouth. Violet... is the mouth which swallows and puts out the light, while green is the mouth which regurgitates and rekindles it. This explains why violet is the color of secrecy since, behind it, the invisible mystery of reincarnation or at least of transformation takes place."
What better color for a room to sleep in? It also makes me think about how half my wardrobe is shades of violet... And ofcourse, now comes the collage!










No comments:

Post a Comment