Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Flip-Flop's

I woke up this morning feeling great and decided I liked the blue on my bedroom wall well enough. I don't think it's the one I intended to use but maybe overnight it grew on me or maybe it did dry more and change. So I got back to work on the painting and got a whole nother corner done (x 2 coats) plus I vacuumed the pop-up closet and move it back into the corner and put everything back in because my least favorite part of painting is the upheaval. Having furniture and things that are usually stored in furniture and out of sight littering all my usual open spaces and pathways puts me in a foul mood. Getting a thorough cleaning done, however, is always nice. And I've been finding random pieces that I'd stored away because I didn't know where in the house I wanted them or if I wanted them in the house anymore -like the parasol I use as a lamp and an old painting- and have been finding new places for them to be used in my bedroom, which is changing how it looks even more.
So here's the funny thing: now I don't love so much the blue again. Does it have something to do with the time of day / quality of light? Does it have something to do with all the messes I've been making and cleaning up again? Does it have something to do with breathing the fumes??? It's ridiculous. I'm even thinking about the psychological effects that color has on mood. I guess I'm just going to have to do the whole damn room and see how I feel a week after that. I'm thinking that even though I'd really, really outgrown the last color I don't think it ever had this effect on me but at the same time I've never been pleased with the bedroom over all and this was intended to be the first step toward remedying that. Fingers still crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment