Friday, April 15, 2011

Positive Friday


This is kind of a follow up to yesterday and also to an older post I wrote about how I'd tried to plan out my unemployment: take care of business, give myself a break, get down to finding a job, etc. We all know that things often don't go according to the plan you set for yourself. It's great to make a plan but it's just as important to be flexible and RELAX. Unforseen things come up, that's life.
So here I am at the end of the... 10th? week of unemployment and I find that I really have relaxed. After gagging at the job descriptions for administrative positions that I am on paper totally qualified for but which I find  truly repellant these days (not to mention how often they're offering a ridiculously low salary or how many include a long commute -why would I put myself through all of that again?) I got the message that if I want something different it may take a little more time than I'd originally planned for and that I need to be ok with that. Also, it's a beautiful thing to finally have a clear idea of what I want to do and how capable I am of doing it.
These days I don't even worry much anymore. I know that everything will work out perfectly well. That I'll find a new job I love and that it could happen any day or perhaps take a few more weeks. In the meantime, I'm working on my own projects and substitute dog walking/sitting which is the loveliest work ever and if I could just get that to include a health plan and get my own regular clientele I wouldn't mind doing it forever, or for a while at least. I've totally embraced not being entirely sure what's going to happen next and giving myself time to find something that is really good for me.
So that's my positive Friday post: it's all about embracing the uncertainty that comes with freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment