Sunday, April 3, 2011

It's Spring and We're Making a Garden

Happy new garden day to me and my neighbor Amy. We planted two trees in the yard today, avocado and blood orange. Bought some berry vines, jasmine, strawberries and peppers -which still need a home in the yard and will live in pots for a little while. And most exciting of all is that the guy at Home Depot showed me some kind of mulch that you mix with the soil in your yard if it's clay (which ours is) and it turns it into good planting soil. This was an awesome revelation for me as I didn't know such a thing existed.
Next on the agenda (I'm thinking) is to build a fence around the area we want to install raised beds for veggies and herbs. I'm so excited about having started to transform the yard that I had to post without photos as it's too late now to take any tonight but will post some tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment