Friday, July 8, 2011

I think I mentioned the other day that I haven't been feeling the creative urge so much -certainly due in part to keeping a tight budget. But as I'd been assigned to put together a style book for school and I had a vague idea of what I wanted it to look like I decided to let it be what I wanted.
I knew I wanted the images to be on black pages and figured I'd look for a small photo album with black paper pages. As those are probably a minimum of ten bucks I certainly could have sprang for it but I wandered into the small 'art supplies' section at Staples when I went to pick up photo paper and they had a package of unbound black construction paper for about a buck and a half. As I spent the last fourteen years working at a museum I've seen my share of video's and books on book making and such and I decided I'd do it myself.
Yesterday I spent the afternoon printing out photos from an online cache and sewing together pages and these are a few images of what I came up with.



No comments:

Post a Comment