Sunday, September 19, 2010

Transformation

I've been having vivid dreams for over a week now, every single night. All of them interesting and I wake up feeling like just finished a great movie. Most have faded a bit by now and for whatever reason I didn't really feel like writing about them this week. Last nights dream had an element of something that has been in my dreams before. I was living in the same apartment that I live in now and the part of the dream that really made an impact on me is this:
I had just taken a shower and came out of the bathroom and went into the kitchen. The back door was wide open and for a second I thought, "Good lord, am I so absent minded that I left that open when I went to take a shower?!" And there, a few feet inside the doorway was a chair that hadn't been there before. It was just one of those molded plastic outdoor chairs. Ofcourse in the dream I figured up some weird reason for the whole thing: the door being opened, the chair someone had brought and left there. In the dream I was so struck by this that I absolutely had to look it up this morning.
So first, the chair. It symbolizes authority, 'to offer somebody a chair is to recognize his or her authority or prestige' and the kitchen is symbolic of alchemical transmutations or psychic transformations, 'a moment in inner development'. To have just come from the shower expresses that I'd just gone through the process of purification. What a great sequence to dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment