Saturday, May 29, 2010

Astro Geek Out



No way!!! Before anybody made a movie or the rest of the world started talking about it astrologers were writing about 2012 and the Mayan calendar. Generally they all seem to have some variation of a theory about a major shift of consciousness. The planets are moving into alignments that haven't been seen since the 60's and we all know what went down back then. If you've been following along with any decent astrologer you've already seen how current and historical events line up to major planetary alignments and, like me, you're fascinated. So I'm pretty excited about what may actually come through in 2012. I have no belief in any ideas of the end of the world, but how awesome will it be to experience a new beginning of humanity?
So I was just about to skip over yet another post about 2012 because, honestly, I've read enough the last few years and I'm kind of sick of it already. But then! But then I started to skim this post and there was a piece of information that I had never seen before, or just didn't notice. It's that at the end of the Mayan calendar our solar system and our Sun will align with a huge black hole in the center of the Milky Way. Now, I'm not scientist so I don't know things like how far away our solar system actually is from this black hole -in alignment or not, or what the gravitational pull of a black hole actually is but for a second I did think, "What if we get sucked in!" but then I kept reading. Our Sun aligns with this black hole annually (oh....) on the Winter Solstice. But for both the Sun and our solar system to align simultaneously like this happens only once every 26,125 years (does anyone remember how old the Earth is? I just checked and got 4.54 billion years, ok). That's pretty significant. Also, this black hole is called the "dark road" to Xibalba, the underworld, by the Maya.
Makes perfect sense to me for this to be part of the Winter Solstice, Winter is the season of death -the necessary precursor to rebirth (Spring). So basically the Winter Solstice of 2012 is going to be powerful, the implication is that it will be the "death" of all that we know. And the really cool part is how we will be reborn, on a massive scale. It's not just me changing, and not just you it's everyone and everything. I can't even begin to try to illustrate the concept. It may mean the end of life as we know it but it doesn't mean it's the end of the world. It's not OVER over, just reeeally different.

No comments:

Post a Comment