Friday, February 25, 2011

Fresh Starting

Hmmm, I am trying to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life. Or at least the near future of my life. I've always had a little fantasy about being a baker and working through the wee hours. I'm not sure why, but what sounds better than a toasty kitchen full of baking smells? That alone sounds incredibly therapeutic. Plus I'm not in the least intimidated by baking. It absolutely baffles me when people are afraid they don't know how to cook or bake, it seems like something we would all inherently know -it's part of survival as far as I'm concerned. So I applied for a baker job today and here's hoping. I think I'd like to know that I actually had a chance to try it even if it doesn't turn out to be what I want to do forever.
For some reason I want to know that whatever I do next will have some kind of positive, meaningful impact on people. I think I've always wanted that in a job. It doesn't have to be profound, like firefighter. Just something.

No comments:

Post a Comment