Sunday, December 5, 2010

I had a dream the other night that I was driving on the freeway. I wanted to take the lane to the right that was an interchange to another freeway but for some reason my car was pulling so strongly to the left that it was all I could do to hold it in the lane. It was trying to go down a different interchange or maybe just stay on the road it was on. But I knew I had to go the other way and so even though I missed my ramp I pulled over onto the shoulder to get things straightened out. I'd put a back pillow in my seat and seemed to think that this had thrown me off balance and made me drive crooked for some reason so I took it away and felt that I had too much space around me, couldn't lean back comfortably to drive. I needed to readjust everything and then I would get off the freeway and get back on the freeway I wanted.
Driving a car in a dream is all about how much control you feel you have over your life. I've had driving dreams my entire life. This is one of the few in which I was completely in control and able to stop and turn things around when I felt the car trying to take control, or the road -whatever it was.
When I woke up that morning I felt a little weird about the dream. I thought, is this a message that I'm not doing as well as I thought I was? But I decided to believe that it was a message that I am doing an amazing job at transforming my life to be more the way I want it to be. And at the end of this week, this now seems very true.

No comments:

Post a Comment