Sunday, August 22, 2010

Here's A Weird One

Ok. Wackiest dream last night. I'm driving my car -which in the dream is an orange Bug, the newer model. And it's pouring rain. I'm trying to find a parking space on my street which can be hard sometimes. At first everything is fairly average: I'm just driving. But as I start trying to park a bunch of things start happening. The first space is at the end so there's plenty of room to back up and pull up to the curb but I'm wearing these platform sandals and I can't seem to work the pedals very well in them. I hit the gas to back up just a little and zoom back much further than I need to, same going forward again. The unexpected speed throws me off and I don't have time to steer quite right. At the same time my eyes are getting blurry. At first I think it's just that there's so much rain that I can't see well through the windows but I'm blinking and rubbing my eyes and feeling like I'm going blind. I try again and my feet are now getting tangled up under the clunky platforms of the shoes and getting caught under the pedals. The car is moving and I'm worried I won't be able to get my feet untangled quickly enough to hit the brakes. Finally I pull into the space and realize that I don't fit. At this point I get out of the car for a moment and the rain seems to have let up. One of my neighbors has a folding table set up in the street and seems to be promoting her art work. I walk over and watch as she signs posters for someone. They're for the Wizard of Oz and Alice In Wonderland and it's odd to me because they aren't her work and as far as I can tell she has nothing to do with the movies. She also has a sack of pencil drawings on lined notebook paper that she's leafing through and showing people in a very formal way.
I'm back in the car moving to a new space and it's pouring again and really dark. I find a spot and pull in -still having some of the maneuvering issues and partial blindness, but it goes a little smoother. I get out of the car and see that I'm not really fitting there either. So I pick up the car under my arm as it is now the size of a childs toy car (the type that they can get inside and drive). I ant to get back in and adjust my placement but the car has now become even smaller and I open the door and it's as if it's a plastic covered collapsible frame, I stretch it out and pop the frame into place. I then crawl back in to retrieve my purse and some groceries. Each thing I touch, a bagged loaf of bread and a block of cheese, is a cloth sandbag item of toy food.
What the hell?!

No comments:

Post a Comment