Friday, November 5, 2010

Fortified

I just remembered this and absolutely had to share it. For as many dreams as I've had about people breaking into my house the other night I had a dream about preventative measures. I don't remember it very well but I remember things like having a handyman come over and together we inspected window latches and door locks, etc. and he advised what was strong and what needed work. For some reason it didn't immediately spark anything for me but when I remembered it just now I thought how poignant it was. And for all my over-empathizing, this last week or two I have been pretty impressed with myself for not allowing other peoples energy to wreak havoc on me. Many a touchy situation has come and gone without my being riddled with someone else's fear and anxiety (only my own, but that I can handle). It was a strange thing to realize and has been an even stranger thing to learn to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment